I'm a photographer based in my hometown of Los Angeles. My background as a journalist shapes how I approach photography – whether I'm street shooting, creating a portrait, or photographing sports, my goal is to tell a compelling story and show the viewer something amazing and fascinating in everyday life.
After graduating from Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, I lived in New York City and covered a range of subjects for newspapers and magazines such as Sports Illustrated, ESPN The Magazine, The Bergen Record, GQ, Self, and Seventeen. I reported on breaking news, wrote features and profiles, and interviewed professional, college, and Olympic athletes. Although I loved working as a reporter and writer, I was always a little jealous of the photographers.
I now have the wonderful opportunity to photograph a lot of sports, primarily the extraordinarily talented athletes at the University of Southern California; my favorite sports to shoot are basketball, track and field, tennis, swimming, diving, and beach volleyball. I'm also involved at the Los Angeles Center of Photography, where I get to learn from and work alongside remarkable instructors and fellow photographers. My other accomplishments include:
- Monochrome: The Black and White Photography Group Show, Arts District LA Photo Collective, January 2016
- Los Angeles Center of Photography's Second Annual Members' Exhibtion, juried by Patricia Lanza of the Annenberg Space for Photography, July 2015
- Los Angeles Center of Photography's Street Shooting in Los Angeles Exhibition, dnj Gallery at Bergamot Station, June 2015
- First Annual Street Shooting Exhibition, juried by Sam Abell, Julia Dean, and Stephen McLaren, Los Angeles Center of Photography, January 2015
- First place winner, Photo District News' 2015 The Shot Sports and Action Photography contest, 2015
First Annual Members’ Exhibition, juried by Paul Kopeiken of the Kopeiken Gallery, Los Angeles Center of Photography, July 2014
I sincerely thank you for taking the time to visit my site and check out my work.